OUT OF STOCK
Limoges porcelain box
Porcelain was first produced in Limoges in 1771. King Louis XV made this factory a royal manufactory.
After the Revolution, François Alluaud, owner of a factory, was the pioneer of the industrial development of porcelain in Limoges. He innovated and improved the manufacturing processes.
At the beginning of the 19th century, factories flourished in the city, and Limoges porcelain became increasingly renowned in Europe.
With the arrival of the New Yorker David Haviland in Limoges in 1842, the history of porcelain took a new turn. Under his influence Limoges porcelain began to be exported across the Atlantic. The Americans spent lavishly on the delicate and elegant pieces they
Haviland also promoted porcelain in Second Empire Paris, where it was a great success.
Today, Limoges porcelain is the symbol of excellence of the great French craft houses, such as Haviland, or Bernardaud.
Diameter: 15,5 cm
Height: 6 cm