OUT OF STOCK
Large candy box
Superb large white Limoges porcelain candy box with gilded decoration. It closes with an elegant gilded metal frame. The AA alphabetical code on the back indicates the date the piece was made: 1954. The back also bears the initials of the painter who decorated it by hand.
Camille Le Tallec (1906-1991) was a graduate of the Ecole du Louvre. In 1930, he took over the small family-run Limoges porcelain decoration workshop founded by his parents around 1905 in Paris. It employed around thirty painters who were custodians of the French tradition and know-how of 18th and 19th century porcelain painting. The Le Tallec studio's motto was: "Neither copies nor pastiches, simply a job well done". From 1930 to 1960, the Le Tallec workshop expanded and its reputation spread to the most prestigious tables, with commissions for Queen Elizabeth II of England, Kings Mohammed V and Hassam II of Morocco, Queen Juliana of Holland, Prince Abdelaziz bin Ahmed Al Thani of Qatar, the Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the French Republic, the City of Paris, and a number of great fortunes and artists. After his death, the studio was managed entirely by Tiffany before closing in 2014.
Height: 6 cm
Diameter: 21 cm